Friday, March 11, 2011

Server and iPad

This weekend is going to be an awesome one. Got my server machine and RAID box in the mail. Going to take a few hours to set up the server as I do not have all my hard drives for the RAID box. The goal is to have it up and running a print server and going to research hooking up my scanner to it as well. The RAID box will have to wait but that isnt a problem, by the end of March I will have 5 2TB drives in it for a total of 7TB which over double of what I have right now for space. Very excited for this process, its been over a year in the making.

One another note I have an iPad coming this weekend as well, which is just as exciting. The main function of this device for me is to have an all in one remote for everything possible, from my HTPC to lights. This has been a dream of mine for a while and its going to take a bit of work but I think it will be worth it all in the end. I will update this weekend or Monday with the progressd.

No comments:

Post a Comment