Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Android smartphones

I have been using an Android phone for a year now, it has been very easy to use. I like the OS for its simplicity and seamless Google integration with contacts, gmail, reader and documents. After 6 months I installed Google voice and made the permanent switch over, I can now check and make calls from any computer along with my phone. I had made this switch because I had lost my phone and needed a way to communicate with my friends. It works well but there is a delay when making calls, it has gotten better since I have started using it. My only problem with it is there are no other apps that can take its text messages. I would like to use an app I was using before I made the switch which made every text pop up in a window in which you can respond and mark as read.

Another reason that I like the Android OS is that the customization is open and easy to accomplish. I had started with the original Motorola Droid and rooted and overclocked it, it ran great and didnt seem like a first generation Android phone. After that I upgraded to the Droid 2 but have not rooted it or overclocked it but rather took a different approach. I have researched and tried different replacement apps to make everything run faster including the home screen. It has been going great and havent run into any issues. Also I would like to make note that all my data synced with the new Droid 2 like I had owned the phone the whole time rather than just getting a new phone.

My conclusion is that the Android OS is a great mobile OS and I highly recommend it. If you are looking for simple OS to use that syncs all of your personal data seamlessly and backs it up online then you have found a great mobile platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment